Lead Product Developer / Lead Developer
We are looking for commercially minded, technology obsessed, hands on senior developer to help build a radical platform for a client that is due to take the credit industry by storm. It is an opportunity to be part of building something from the ground up and to have input on the software roadmap for the coming years.
Your work will have a significant impact, both on us as a company, as well as our key client and business partner as it launches the software in the UK and within a few years around the globe.
What we need:
You will be an enthusiastic, dedicated person who will be expected to join the established team of engineers and technicians, working alongside existing colleagues and also to build your own team.
You will be a natural leader and organiser and always be on hand to solve complex technical problems. You will help devise elegant and creative solutions to challenging problems and highlight issues with existing architecture and code, tidying it up as well as making your own recommendations. You will be a motivated PHP / Laravel developer looking for your next challenge to come and join our evolving agile team of professionals. You'll be working across a wide range of applications, systems and web solutions that we need to employ for our key client. You'll use your skills and knowledge to bring innovation and improvement to our apps, helping our clients business reach their full potential.
As a fast growing business everyone in the team has the opportunity to shape how we operate but we require someone to lead to the team and nurture new talent.
The technical skills we are looking for are:
- Expert understanding of Object Oriented PHP.
- Full understanding of, and experience using Laravel 5.
- Understanding of composer and composer packages.
- Expert understanding of SOLID principles, design patterns, facades, interfaces, service providers, traits, REST, DRY, etc.
- Expert understanding of Behaviour Driven Development or Test Driven Development, unit tests and acceptance tests.
- Expert understanding of MySQL.
- Proficiency in using version control software (Git preferably).
- Experience of working in Agile development teams and strong working knowledge of Agile Principles & Methodology.
We want you to join us if you:
- Have solid experience of entire project lifecycle from understanding & documenting client requirements, quoting projects (man hours & cost), design, coding, testing, implementation & support.
- Have experience of leading a team, can conduct code reviews of peer work and mentor other developers.
- Have excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Have the ability to develop a great product experience leveraging the latest technologies.
- Have the ability to generate ideas with team members, offer insightful solutions and demonstrate a “can do” attitude.
- Have excellent time management skills and can meet tight deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills (written & verbal) and can confidently liaise with clients and stakeholders to ensure projects are completed to a high standard and on time.
- Have a passion for technology and are willing to continually update your skills.
So what are you waiting for, be part of something great, come join us!
- Death in Service Benefit x 4 Salary
- Free parking
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: Very Competitive
Why Not Email us your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
To apply for this role, please click the button below!